Minami Ando is a merit scholarship student of the ballet trainee program of Joffrey Ballet School in New York City and is currently a senior year.
She received her early ballet training in her home city of Hiroshima, Japan. After graduating high school, she entered Aoyama Gakuin University, Tokyo to study English Literature and Education. However, she could not make a stopping point to become a professional ballet dancer based overseas, then she decided to move to New York City where she has been obtaining her Bachelor of Arts in Dance from New Jersey City University.
She is experienced in modeling so take a look at the Gallery section on this website and enjoy her body language. In her free time, she likes to explore new places and capture the moment. Also, she loves to have deep conversations with people to share different perspectives. Follow @minamy_journey on Instagram and check out the Blog section and Minamy Journey on YouTube. Stay up to date on all her journey, Minamy Journey.
Performance Experience / Theatre
- Dew Drop, Soloist (Mirliton, Spanish), Soloist Couple (Waltz of the Flowers) – The Nutcracker, Joffrey Ballet School
- Marie Taglioni, Fanny Cerrito – Pas de Quatre
- Medora – Le Corsaire
- Hungarian Soloist Couple – Swan Lake
- Pearl – Ocean and Pearls
- Soloist (Magic Garden after Fokine, Norwegain Dance) – Spring Show, Joffrey Ballet School
- Soloist Couple – Eternity – Choreo. Akop Akopian – Studio Performance, Joffrey Ballet School
- Variation (Gamzatti, Paquita, Fairy Doll) – Private coach: Gaiane Akop – Studio Performance, Joffrey Ballet School
- Betsy – Crazy For You – Dir. James Martinelli – The Heights Player, Brooklyn
- The Princess of Salanghae – Choreo. Tallia Angelina – The KnJ Theater at Peridance, NY – April 9th, 10th, 2022
YouTube: Minamy Journey